South Padre Island: Nightlife
(as report on TripAdvisor)
As a popular Spring Break destination as well as summer 4th of July, South Padre Island can’t help but have an exciting nightlife. Some of the favorite locations include:
- Club Chaos is a popular venue open only during spring break, with a huge center “corral” center dance floor.
- Louie’s Backyard is a combination sports bar and dance club catering to the interests of all sorts of different visitors. They have maybe the best fajitas on the island.
- Parrot-Eyes ( http://www.parroteyes.net/) is the spot to go for more casual drinking.
- Wanna-Wanna Beach Bar is the local “dive bar” enjoyed by tourists visiting the area, and is one of two beach bars still in existence on the island. The other beach bar is called Boomerang Billys.
- One of the most popular locals bars late-late night is called The Coral Reef, or what the locals call “the reefer” and has karaoke every single night of the week (believe it or not!)
- During the summer months, three other “under the stars & on the water” bars are Tequila Sunsets, Wahoos, and Palm Street Pier, all excellent places to grab margaritas & enjoy live music.