FIRE Symposium: What You Need to Know about the Affordable Health Care Act
September 19, 2013 from 8:00 am to 12:30 pm.
* The UTPA College of Business presents a follow-up conference on the Affordable Care Act for businesses.
* The Affordable Care Act (Obama Care) is the biggest change to U.S. citizens since Social Security and Medicare, affecting millions of businesses and individuals who will need to pay for healthcare.
* The conference brings back together knowledgeable speakers from the Insurance and Health industry to discuss how this Act will affect small and medium businesses and the changes to local health providers coming up soon.
* We will discuss what steps they have to take to be in compliance, why non-compliance may be expensive, why strategies such as breaking up your business into smaller pieces will not work. Even Joint ventures may cause a business with less than 50 workers to provide insurance. We will also cover what strategies will work.
* The Symposium is from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is free to the business community. Continental breakfast will be provided.
* The Symposium is sponsored by Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Independent Insurance Agents of the Rio Grande Valley, NAIFA Upper Valley, and the UTPA Small Business Development Center.
* Pre-registration is required to attend. Register by calling 956-665-7555.